StelCrete is in the business of manufacturing and supplying pre-assembled reinforcing and structural steel components, and wire mesh assemblies to the precast concrete and construction industries. Applications for its products are associated with:
- Structures produced by precasters;
- Highway, bridge and road construction;
- Residential, Industrial, Institutional and Commercial construction;
- Above and below ground utilities and services;
- Agricultural operations;
- Public works facilities such as water and wastewater; and
- Custom design work for civil engineers, contractors and architects.
Many of StelCrete's customers regard the company as a strategic partner to generate substantial net savings due to significantly reduced labour, materials, storage space, and overhead costs.
StelCrete is CSA-approved and CWB-certified for all welding applications used at its plants located in Welland, Niagara Falls and Bowmanville Ontario. Sections of its operation are automated to provide high volume repetitive sub-assemblies as off-site inventory, or just-in-time delivery.
StelCrete is part of the Salit group of companies. Salit Steel is an Ontario-based steel service centre and rebar fabricator established in 1905 by its founder, Myer Salit.